Looking for a quick, healthy meal? Look no further! This meal can be made ahead of time and frozen or kept in the fridge, ready to be baked at a moments notice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients // Yield 6-8 servings
- 575g jar of Leggo’s spinach and garlic pastabake sauce
- 500g pasta (we use large shells)
- 425g tin of tuna
- 1 cup of frozen vegetables
- 1 cup grated tasty or shredded cheese
- Parmesan cheese (to serve)
This is my all-time favourite recipe. The pie is so full of flavour! I love preparing this meal almost as much as I love eating it. It may look like there are a lot of steps, but don’t let that intimidate you as they are all very simple.
Our creamy chicken pie goes so well with Mashed Potatoes.
To see full-sized photos of this recipe (including some not shown on this post) click here. You’ll be so happy you did!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients // Yield 4 slices of good size pie
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Spray oil (for greasing the pie dish)
- 600g chicken breast
- 3 bacon rashers
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Cup frozen vegetables (we use peas and corn)
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup cream
- Pepper to taste
- Lawry’s (or substitute steak seasoning)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry (you can omit or use puff pastry on the base too if so desired. Also, I use store bought shortcrust/puff pastry, but if you have time to make your own I strongly encourage you to do so.)
- *Optional 1/4 cup white wine.
Mashed potatoes is a tasty side dish that works great with any meal, but especially with our wonderful CHICKEN PIE.
Mashed Potatoes are delicious. I know you can buy it in a packet mix or frozen portions, but nothing beats fresh, creamy mashed potatoes. Everyone has their own way as to make it, this is just how I do it. I like to buy the type of potatoes from the supermarket that don’t require peeling as the skin has a lot of nutrients in it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- You’ll need 1- 1 ½ potatoes per person
- Salt (iodised)
- ¼ Cup milk (the more potatoes used the more milk required)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
Hey again folks, it’s your favourite Branden!
With Christmas fast approaching, I’ve decided to list off some good gift ideas for that special geek in your life.
Captain America Hoodie from thinkgeek.com
Does that “friend” of yours like to dress up as a superhero? This is the way to do it. The hood even acts as a mask, if you…I mean, “they”…want to go into full superhero mode. The Captain America and Boba Fett ones are the best quality, but if you really need Spider-Man and you don’t mind your hoodies being a bit plasticy, you can get it here.
Woohoo, it’s finally here!!!! The first official ‘Sew’ post for Sew, Cook, Create! And my oh my does it feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good!
B and I purchased my machine back in July after the ‘end of financial year’ sales. We paid a lovely $150 for this baby, even though it retails for $329 AUD. Isn’t she gorgeous?! We haven’t come up with a name for her yet, so if you have any geeky/sci-fi ideas, post them below.
And now, the machine in all her shiny glory…