This is my all-time favourite recipe. The pie is so full of flavour! I love preparing this meal almost as much as I love eating it. It may look like there are a lot of steps, but don’t let that intimidate you as they are all very simple.
Our creamy chicken pie goes so well with Mashed Potatoes.
To see full-sized photos of this recipe (including some not shown on this post) click here. You’ll be so happy you did!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients // Yield 4 slices of good size pie
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Spray oil (for greasing the pie dish)
- 600g chicken breast
- 3 bacon rashers
- 1 Small onion
- 1 Cup frozen vegetables (we use peas and corn)
- 1 Tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1/2 Cup cream
- Pepper to taste
- Lawry’s (or substitute steak seasoning)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry (you can omit or use puff pastry on the base too if so desired. Also, I use store bought shortcrust/puff pastry, but if you have time to make your own I strongly encourage you to do so.)
- *Optional 1/4 cup white wine.